Thursday, June 23, 2011

To You

To you, I was offered a red rose and a smile the moment we met
Ice cream it is … that is what I should have thought!
‘This I promise’ you playing and us promising to one another
One of the most down to earth people I’d never want to lose…
The more I find myself a profligate…meeting you while inebriated!
But you held on to me regardless…
I watched you walk through the swinging door
My heart beat,
As if it was going out of style
I put down my drink only to pick it up again!
You searched the area for me…
When your eyes caught mine
I was held there, a slice of grass in a hay stack!
Love swing,
As the night went on with unplanned, planned happenings
Till this day,
It's hard to stop thinking about you
No matter what I try to do
All I see is you
You are on my mind all the time
Time goes on and it gets late
But still it doesn't wait
You just pop into my mind
And it continues just like the hands of time.
Because to you I saw an angel and by that, you are one in mine eye!




……………….words don’t grow on trees…………..© Vinn

2 comments: