Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Beloved Guide, DAD

This book, I made, for my beloved guide, my dad…
They say, “like father-like son”, some truth, yes!
But in real sense the son works towards being like the father and more
My dad is the best, trust me
He helps me to be the best and more so the greatest
Starting with lessons to grow, spanking if I mess up,
Rally round my class work, a little correction and rewards on my progress
This is what I have grown with.
Making me who I am though I have some little secrets!
Secrets of growth! Recoup from your wayward thinking!


As chapters in my life close and others open
My dad remains to be the best in everything he does for me
Although the urge of doing better in easier ways,
Pulls me away from him sometimes, I realize and rush back
Sporadically I blame myself for not asking before I do something
Then again this is the quintessence of men, to go it alone!
My dad always reminds me, “Easy does it in life!”
Pleased I will in your helping me write the remaining pages
Of my passion, my dream, the start of life on my own!
And in guiding me in the years unread… thank you daddy.


……………….words don’t grow on trees…………..© Vinn

No comments:

Post a Comment