Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Prison break

Give me my degree and let me go
Free me from this prison of mind
The world of numbers and letters and expressions
Of increased formulations and complications
All in the name of getting that rolled up paper; the degree


Like in an overflowing prison with inmates
All I know is all I want to know
In this life of always in books
Trying to perfect the land of the uncertain; the future
Of which is supposed to be better
But not with education alone but,
With wealth and money and women with morals


Looking back, we still need that path of mud
The one called classes and lectures,
Boring and entertaining, educative and bogus alike
To reach to our key of that door of our prison
Graduation, here we come!
We are breaking out to freedom and problems
In life that never lessens its callousness
But at least free from the 8-4-4 of today




……………….words don’t grow on trees…………..© Vinn 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment